Galen’s Way is an independently owned and operated company dedicated to handcrafting the highest quality herbal extracts and therapeutically active herbal skin care.
Our products are unique in the careful selection and concentration of their ingredients, harnessing the pure and powerful spirit of the whole plant.
Founded in 1999 by Matthew Persico, Galen’s Way began in a yurt during his education at the California School of Herbal Studies. Originally, Matthew intended to develop extracts solely for his own practice. However, within a few years requests from other practitioners grew. In response to those requests, the production of extracts became the focus of his work.
Matthew has amassed over 20 years’ experience producing herbal extracts, running production for other botanical facilities, and creating the herbal dispensary at Tai Sophia Institute, now the Maryland University of Integrative Health. These experiences have instilled Matthew with a broad understanding and deep respect for herbs, their potential, and the process involved in delivering plant based extracts to practitioners.
Humans have long depended on plants, a connection often obscured in our contemporary world. Galen’s Way recognizes the intricate coupling of individual health to environmental health, and formulates impeccable whole-plant products with responsibly obtained botanicals. We want our customers to know they can rely on us to deliver safe, effective, high quality products.
- We source our herbs from organic, family-owned farms and ethical wild crafters whenever possible.
- We use rigorous analysis and controls to ensure the safety of all finished goods, including testing for a spectrum of potential microbial contaminants.
- We relentlessly observe every phase of production, honing our knowledge and skills; continually improving our extraction process.
- We recycle post-production material, and compost spent herb material.
- We contribute to our community by supporting these environmental and social groups (visit here for a list of organizations).